BASIX ALTERATIONS & ADDITIONS
- If your alterations and additions is valued more than $50,000.
- If you have a pool (and/or spa) with a combined capacity of more than 40,000 litres.
- More information regarding the accurate costs can be found here
You can also apply for a BASIX certificate for alterations and additions if you want to bypass your LGA Council’s energy efficiency and sustainability requirements even though your development is outside the criteria mentioned above.
BASIX for Alterations and Additions has a separate login section in the BASIX online assessment tool, and the project portfolio is completely separated from single dwelling or multi-unit developments. There are 6 areas of data entry for a BASIX alterations and additions certificate as follows:
- Project Address & Type: Enter the project address and development type
- Project Details: Enter data regarding the extent of your alterations and additions. You must specify installation of swimming pools, spas, fixtures, systems, construction elements, glazing etc.
- Pool and Spa: Enter data regarding the specifics of your pool and spa installation like size, location, shading, heating, etc.
- Fixtures and Systems:This section specifies the requirements for hot water systems, lighting and water fixtures of the BASIX alteration and additions.
- Construction: This section addresses the newly installed floors, walls, ceilings and roofs and specifies any insulation requirements.
- Glazing: Enter data regarding the new windows, skylights, glazed and poly carbonate roofs. It is worth mentioning that the list of available options for a windows system is extremely limited and only a small variety of shading possibilities are being considered so at the time of this writing, this part of the BASIX online tool can benefit from substantial upgrades and re design.
In the Certificate section you are able to issue and print a Draft report or a formal BASIX certificate for alterations and additions to lodge with your Development Application. There is also a BASIX Alternative Assessment pathway similar to single dwelling houses and multi-unit developments for unusual construction technologies or certain types of developments. As of 1st July 2011, there is a $25 charge for issuing a BASIX certificate for alterations and additions of each dwelling.